Startup Edmonton Workshop Facilitator
Preflight is an application-based series of workshops that helps founders and product builders experiment and validate a scalable product idea. We take a hands-on approach to help startup founders make the first real commitment to building a high growth tech-enabled startup. We are looking for a workshop facilitator to lead Preflight members through weekly sessions.
Job posting will close on September 6, 2016 and only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate one evening session per week, for 12 weeks. Each session is three hours of instructional time.
- Ensure that Startup Edmonton's curriculum is delivered professionally and effectively to meet desired learning objectives.
- Arrive punctually to sessions and expertly manage time during the course of the workshop to ensure that all aspects of the lesson plan are delivered.
- Review curriculum in advance of each session to be fully prepared.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Assist participants outside of class as necessary.
- Act as an ambassador of Startup Edmonton and the other learning options available to Preflight members.
- Participate in the Startup Edmonton member community.
- Provide feedback to the CEO on the progress of the sessions and participants.
- Post secondary degree or equivalent job experience.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with startups and entrepreneurs.
- Experience in a classroom setting.
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to identify needs of customers and create/drive solutions.
- Eager to shape the skills and trajectories of the newest generation of startup founders.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Passion for entreprenuerial community.
- Love working with people.