Wishing you the very best of the holiday season!
We're in a celebratory and reflective mood here at Startup Edmonton. This year was full of incredible interactions with founders, teams, and lots of new community members. Your support of our efforts with students, Edmonton Startup Week and classic startup events, like DemoCamp, means the world to us and we can't wait to do even more in 2018.
December is a great time to squeeze in a workshop, apply for Preflight, and start planning to make 2018 the year you move your tech-enabled product idea forward.
From the entire Startup Edmonton family - we wish you & yours a wonderful holiday season!
Lauren's Top Recommendations for 2018 Resolution Planning!
The best way to fulfill your 2018 resolutions is to start planning early! Here are my top three 2018 startup resolutions (that we can help you keep!)
- RSVP for a Startup Edmonton info session! In this 30 min session you'll get a tour of our historic Mercer Warehouse space, learn all about our programs & services, and the best part is you leave with a personalized plan of next steps. Come on your own or bring a friend.
- Tune in to a Facebook Live Q & A! We just started running Facebook Live experiments and will be doing more broadcasts soon. Send us your ideas for 10 min Q & A or chats that you would like to see!
- Join in on the Startup Edmonton ski trip! All of our members (Student, Commons, Preflight & Space) get an invitation to our annual trip. This year we're off to Kicking Horse, and it's a great way to connect with your peers in the startup community.
See you soon!
Startup Genome Project
Calling all startup execs: Give back to the Edmonton ecosystem and join this year's research by Startup Genome! Your input will help us better understand our region and empower us to make informed decisions on how to best support the growth of startups, scale-ups, and enterprise tech-enabled companies in Edmonton. It takes just 15 minutes, and we greatly appreciate your participation.
Not a Founder or CEO? The survey will take you under 5 minutes to complete, and it’s important to us to capture your role in the ecosystem as well.
Take the survey at https://hubs.ly/H09n2KP0 | Closes December 15, 2017
Recommended Reading | PwC V2R Awards
Our friends at PwC are committed to supporting tech-enabled startups. We're thrilled to have their team available for mentorship roundtables, plus they offer great packages for Founders just getting started to scaling companies dealing with complex challenges.
Each year PwC looks to recognize the most forward-thinking organizations and companies in Canada. Through the V2R Awards program, PwC is committed to providing all participants with valuable experiences and knowledge sharing opportunities to inspire future innovation efforts and growth.
Foundations @ Startup Edmonton
Business Model 101 | December 12
- Having a great idea is just the first step to building an amazing product or service, there are lots of other factors to consider - like your customers, how to reach them, and what they are willing to pay.
- Join us for three hours of hands-on support and feedback on your product & project idea.
Preflight | Don't miss January intake
- Are you working on a product idea but find it challenging to know if you’re on the right path?
- Are you looking to jump-start your company growth and need to stress-test your plans?
Preflight is our year-round program dedicated to supporting your efforts to build, launch, and grow a tech-enabled product. After working with hundreds of entrepreneurs, we know that hands-on support paired with practical resources is the best way to help.
What we need from you to get started:
- A quick application + Lean Canvas (you can build one on December 12th)
- Commit to on evening a week (just two-hours) for five weeks.
- Be open to validating your idea, challenging your assumptions, and moving forward quickly!