February Update: Startup 101, Founders & Funders and Student DevCon
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, we want to send a big shout out to all the partners, families and friends of hard working founders and entrepreneurs that provide endless support and put up with really long hours.
February is action packed at Startup Edmonton: loads of foundational workshops, Founders & Funders with our friends at Alberta Enterprise, and new updates on Student DevCon 2017.
I'm teaching a pair of workshops next week & it would be great to see you!
- Tuesday, February 14: We'll jump into business model planning with 3 hours dedicated to the Lean Canvas at Preflight Beta. Register today!
- Thursday, February 16: Our Startup 101: Social Media Strategies returns for a lunch-time session. 90 min to help you map out a social media plan focused on helping your customers
Have a great day & chat soon!
Stephanie Enders, Manager - Startup Edmonton
Startup 101: Be a boss, boss.
Our Startup 101 sessions bring the very best experts to you for 90-minute sessions on the basics, plus lots of time for questions. These sessions are great for entrepreneurs, small business owners, founders and their teams.
- Startup 101: Social Media Strategies - Thursday, February 16 at 11:45 AM in the program room. Learn how a strong social media plan can help you promote your product, better understand your customer, and foster a community of supporters.
- Startup 101: Tax Planning for Startups - Wednesday, February 22 at 12:00 PM in the program room. Join our friends from PwC for a 90-minute primer on tax planning considerations for startups and early stage companies.
Our foundational workshops are a great place to learn about entrepreneurship and meet like-minded people.
- Learn the ins & outs of building a business model. Move from great idea to actionable plan.
- Arm yourself with the tools to build great products and services your customers will love.
- Connect with experts and learn the basics: legal, accounting, social media, marketing, and human resources.
Founders & Funders | February 23 at 5:30 PM
Join Alberta Enterprise Corporation and Startup Edmonton as we host Founders & Funders on February 23rd at the Startup Edmonton Mercer Warehouse Campus, 3rd Floor 10359 - 104 Street.
Bringing together active investors and tech founders at all stages, Founders & Funders is a chance to connect with a growing community, create connections, and foster relationships before the ask for support is on the table. Often, founders flounder when seeking capital because they put off developing relationships with potential investors because their pitch or product isn’t perfected. Investors, keen to work with the local tech community, are sometimes unsure of where to meet founders outside of formal presentations or networks.
Founders & Funders is open to all investors and tech founders with product at all stages. Join us for a casual mixer to learn more about the opportunities available in our region and how to best prepare to work together in the future.
Included in the ticket is a complimentary drink and appetizers.
THE BEST OPPORTUNITY TO LEVEL UP YOUR DEVELOPMENT SKILLS AND PREPARE FOR AN AWESOME JOB.
Join us for a full-day of workshops, panels, and hands-on experience with CTOs and Dev Teams from our city's fastest growing tech companies.
Learn the skills and resources you need to get hired & that you won't learn at University: version control, real-world team communication tools, maintenance protocols and practices.
Hear from Founders and top technical talent at local scaling companies. Past companies include Jobber, Granify, Drivewyze, gskinner, plus special guests from AirBnB and Apple!
Get details on how to get hired and be successful once you join a team!
Show don't tell! Recruiters demo exactly what startups are looking for when hiring for technical positions.
Inspired to start your own project or product? Connect with the Startup Edmonton team about programs and supports for students interested in entrepreneurship.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada | Shaw Conference Centre, 9797 Jasper Avenue.
Your $35 ticket is all inclusive! MEALS + WORKSHOPS + JOB MIXER + SWAG
*Please note: Valid Student I.D. will be requested at the registration desk. If you are not currently a student and interested in attending the program, please email email@example.com.
Photo Album: HackED 2017
On January 28 & 29, we had the pleasure of hosting more than 100 students to our Mercer Warehouse campus for a 24-hour hackathon. Students from the University of Alberta, MacEwan University and NAIT spend the weekend designing, creating and building amazing projects. You'll be able to check out student projects at our upcoming DemoCamp 35 on March 7th.
Please check the calendar for updates on your favourite meetups. With the holidays coming there are a number of changes to the regular schedule.