We are looking for a passionate individual who is excited about building the startup community and helping entrepreneurs find success. The Community Program Manager is a key leader and driver of growth at Startup Edmonton, responsible for empowering and inspiring members, entrepreneurs and post-secondary students. Helping these key community members understand the opportunity in Edmonton to build a tech-enabled company and connecting them to the startup community and programs to grow their understanding and skills.
Scope of Work
Students and On-Campus Programming
- Develop, organize and run events/programs that will engage students with the startup community and Startup Edmonton member companies
- Build awareness with students across Edmonton post-secondary schools about opportunities to join or create a tech company in Edmonton
- Lead presentations about Startup Edmonton
- Engage member companies in events and programs to build their company brand with post-secondary students
- Manage allocated program budget
- Program reporting and analysis
Business Development & Sales
- Responsible for business development activities and sales in the recruitment of program and space membership
- Recruit companies into the Talent Program
- Focus on internal and external events as a mechanism of recruitment
- Foster relationships with entrepreneurs to provide guidance in their company’s journey and progression
- Engage with talent members to build their company brand with post-secondary students
Skills and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Commerce or other related fields. A combination of education and work experience will be considered.
- Minimum 4 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated passion for entrepreneurial community, particularly the post-secondary community
- Detail-oriented, thorough, proactive and resourceful
- Collaborative, solutions and results-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player who excels in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and CRMs
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
- Ability to commute within Edmonton and occasionally travel within Alberta will be necessary
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by July 30, 2018.
Startup Edmonton is a wholly owned subsidiary of Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC). EEDC cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Innovate Edmonton’s mission within EEDC is to create the best possible environment for technology innovation and tech-enabled startup and scaleup company growth. It is focused on creating new tech businesses, helping high potential businesses scale and inspiring action to fuel growth in Edmonton’s innovation and technology business community. The division performs this work through four entrepreneur communities: Startup Edmonton, the Edmonton Research Park, Edmonton Made and our partnership with the University of Alberta in TEC Edmonton.