Senior Data Scientist
Did you know? Granify is backed by early investors in Facebook, Twitter, AirBnB, Pinterest, Palantir and Yelp and won Top E-Commerce Solution and Top Digital Startup at the 2014 Digital Alberta Awards!
Do you want your work to have tremendous impact? Do you thrive in exploring vast amounts of data and extracting actionable knowledge out of it?
Granify is one of the fastest growing big data companies in the world. We are determined to redefine the trillion dollar e-commerce market, and we hope you can help us to achieve this ambitious mission!
Join us and you will enjoy a bustling startup vibe where everyone has fun, cooperates and sees the impact of their work. As a key member of our team, you will analyze vast amounts of behavior and transaction data, and design and implement algorithms which predict e-commerce shopper actions. This is an amazing opportunity to design algorithms which will be responsible for helping and influencing real shoppers across the world.
- Analyze, interpret and use machine learning and data mining algorithms on the enormous amount of behavioral and transactional data
- Analyze performance statistics at an extremely detailed level and present insights and recommendations to teammates.
- Take a role in shaping the architecture and infrastructure decisions and operations that drive our applications as we scale up to a terabytes of data per day and beyond
- Recommend new experiments supported by your analysis and research
- Dissect online stores’ shoppers data to identify opportunities to increase conversion, order value, lifetime value, and customer delight
- Write code to implement your experiments
- Work closely with our designers, developers, creative prototypers and account managers to bring your new experiments to life
- Solve a wide variety of complex problems as they arise that will often require significant analysis of our data, research and deep thinking
- Lead brainstorming sessions with your teammates to determine opportunities for improvement and experiments
- You are self-directed, hard-working and passionate about building things
- You love finding elegant solutions to complex problems
- You love brainstorming and creative thinking
- You have a strong desire to ship, iterate quickly, and continually improve
- You are comfortable jumping into an existing code base
- You are energetic, personable, with strong communication skills
- PhD or MSc in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or related
- 8 years of related graduate studies and/or work experience, including at least three years of industrial work experience as Data Scientist
- Expertise with at least one of the following: e-commerce data analytics, predictive online marketing, ML on web data
- Proficient in at least two programming languages out of: Java, Python, R, Scala
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift
- Experience with managing and running applications in cloud (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with distributed programming platforms such as Spark or Flink
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical or data mining techniques to solve real problems
- Ability to organize, interpret and analyze large amounts of data
- Advanced skills and experience in machine learning and data mining on TB data scales
- Knowledge of various ML and statistical tools and libraries (e.g. sciPy, pandas, Weka, R packages, and similar)
Good to have skills:
- Experience working in startup environment
- Experience with Amazon Web Services platform
- Hands-on knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Qlik, AWS Quick Sights
- Experience with distributed databases (HBase, Cassandra, or similar)
- Experience in online advertising/marketing analytics, behavioral targeting or web analytics
You can step in and have an incredible impact on our success. You will be given a high degree of autonomy and ability to control your destiny. You will work with an intelligent, driven team that you will help strengthen through development and hiring. You will have tremendous career and financial upside.
Granify merges machine intelligence and digital psychology to automatically increase sales for our e-commerce partners. Our mission is to provide the ultimate experience for every shopper at any given point in time to completely redefine the trillion dollar e-commerce market. We hope you can help us achieve this ambitious mission!
- Backed by the same early investors as Facebook, Twitter, AirBnB, Pinterest and Yelp
- Featured in Inc, Venture Beat, TechCrunch, Reuters and many other publications
- Series A financing led by Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures
The opportunities for growth, development and career progression are limitless as we continue to tackle incredible challenges to drive even more value for our customers.