Drivewyze is the smart mobility services company for the transportation industry. Drivewyze and its sister company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc., are on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems and services. Drivewyze serves commercial drivers and fleets with innovative trucking apps such as Drivewyze Weigh Station Heads Up and Drivewyze PreClear Bypass service.
Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze app is supported by a multi-tier cloud based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
As a senior Android developer, you will be responsible for working with product managers, managers, QA, and other developers to create and update the Drivewyze application. You will be responsible for designing and building application features, supporting tools, continuous integration, security improvements and architectural changes. You will also be expected to lead a small team of Android developers and ensure that our app is high-quality, maintainable, testable, and resilient.
Canada – Edmonton, AB
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Software Design
- Maintain consistency of the architecture
- Unit Testing
- Technical documentation
- Android architecture
- Coaching developers who are new to Android
- Leading design and development initiatives
- Coordinating with internal and external parties to ensure that code quality and consistency is maintained
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Commercial experience in Web Application Development, Software Development, and App Development
- Object-oriented software analysis and design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of code repositories (Git, Mercurial)
- Self-motivated and ability to work with little oversight
- Experience in unit testing (any N-Unit framework)
- Android platform
- iOS experience (nice to have)
- Microsoft SQL
- Experience with mobile applications and web applications
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related degree or diploma
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team and meet the qualifications, please send your resume along with a letter of intent to:
Subject: Software Developer - Edmonton
Or fax your resume and cover letter to:
No phone calls, please. Only candidates with relevant qualifications will be contacted.