Job Title: Service & Support Technician
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
About Intelligent Imaging Systems:
Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (Drivewyze’s sister company) is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced imaging systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools in an effort to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
We have developed a suite of integrated technologies that include thermal imaging, digital imaging, radiation detection, and laser scanning systems. Our technologies, our expertise and our cultivated partnerships with proven technology providers enable us to create the most advanced safety and security enforcement systems available in the marketplace today. Our core markets are transportation safety and security, law enforcement and public security.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide first class, front line response to client hardware and software issues, the majority of which will be over the phone
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research technical alternatives when necessary
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare and maintain customer reports
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Prepare quotations and purchase orders
- Liaise with 3rd party support suppliers to resolve support calls
- Perform IT installations, configurations and troubleshoot computer hardware and software in accordance with IT Services standards
- Prioritize support calls
- Liaise with and schedule field technicians
- Communicate service status with all levels of staff
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Effective oral and written communications
- Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Communication of technical information to a non-technical audience
- Able to project a professional image
- Able to foster relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and/or urgent requests
- Detailed but concise and clear documentation skills
- Able to work independently to high standards
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated, with a desire to deliver quality service
- Speak, read and write fluent English
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including; desktops, laptops, servers printers & network devices
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
Experience and Education
- Technical customer service experience
- Security clearance required.
This busy, challenging position offers a competitive salary, bonus structure, flex time and medical and dental benefits.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team and meet the qualifications, please send your resume along with a letter of intent by pressing the button below.
No phone calls please. Only candidates with relevant qualifications will be contacted.
Startup Edmonton posts jobs as provided by Level Up members. For more information on becoming a Level Up member company, visit startupedmonton.com/levelup