Sales and Partnerships Associates
Localize is an award-winning B-Corp that creates labeling programs for grocery stores that communicate where food has come from and how it was produced. We’re a fast-growing and values-driven team that is looking for more great associates to help us grow our business.
We are looking for Sales and Partnerships Associates to grow the successful Localize label service into retail grocery chains across the United States. If you thrive in a self-directed, distributed team environment, this role is for you.
Up to three openings are available for:
Chicago, Charlotte, and Denver- based candidates.
WHO YOU ARE:
You’re passionate about sales and forging business partnerships…and you’re good at it. You want to work with an award-winning technology business that is changing the way people shop for transparent and socially relevant food products.
You’re empathetic. You can listen and hear people’s needs, while synthesizing solutions and opportunities. You think that local food is great, and more importantly, you think that giving consumers better access to information about their food is critical. Most of all, you love to sell great products and services, and you passionately pursue that quest to support sales growth.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
As a Sales and Partnerships Associate, your primary objective will be to expand the Localize business and build key partnerships with retailers and related third parties across the U.S.. You will play an integral role in growing the organization. The ideal candidate in this role easily forges connections with decision-makers in the retail industry, and has a proven business development background.
- Build knowledge, contacts and relationships within the grocery industry. Demonstrate Localize’s software and data-driven tools
- Craft proposals and beautiful presentations that effectively communicate the Localize mission
- Rigorously qualify all opportunities and employ sales techniques to advance opportunities.
- Develop strong working knowledge of the needs of our clients, relating needs and client feedback to the company’s development team.
- Identify procurement trends in industry, and understand the drivers for decision making in the retail industry.
- Identify and solicit potential clients. You should be as comfortable with a cold call as you are with an executive presentation in a board room.
- Assist in estimating or quoting prices, contract terms, delivery dates, and in the preparation of sales contracts.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A proven sales record within the grocery or related retail industry, and the ability to build new networks in our industry.
- Expertise with creating bids and proposals and managing the proposal process directly.
- A person who is results oriented and has excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Very skilled in general technology use, writing, excel, word and PowerPoint
- Has extensive experience dealing with industry representatives at a senior/executive level
- A university degree or completion of a college program in business, commerce, sales, communications, marketing, public relations or a related discipline. The education component of this position is desired, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should include a cover letter and resume and should be sent to Meghan, at email@example.com. Have questions? Reach out to Meghan via email or set up a time to chat about the position via phone.
Applications will be received until a suitable candidate is found.
Localize is an award-winning company that brings better information about where food has come from to shoppers. We provide our label service to over 300 grocery stores across Canada and we’re now initiating our exciting and impact-driven service to the United States market. We have offices in Edmonton and Toronto. Localize won the Fast Growth Grand Prize in 2014 at the Venture Prize awards in Alberta, a Good Deals Canada award in 2013 as best social business case, and our CEO Meghan Dear was recently honored with a Canadian Star Women in Grocery Award.
We’re a collaborative, creative, and motivated team. We make educated decisions quickly and know we can count on each other. We feel good about the work we’re doing every day, share in our successes, and learn from things that don’t go as planned. We are a tight-knit team that enjoy each other’s company and are really into local food and businesses. Learn more about our team here and Localize here.