Did you know? Granify is backed by early investors in Facebook, Twitter, AirBnB, Pinterest, Palantir and Yelp and won Top E-Commerce Solution and Top Digital Startup at the Digital Alberta Awards!
Do you want your work to have tremendous impact? Do you thrive in exploring vast amounts of data and extracting actionable knowledge out of it?
Granify is one of the fastest growing big data companies in the world. We are determined to redefine the trillion dollar e-commerce market, and we hope you can help us to achieve this ambitious mission!
Join us and you will enjoy a bustling startup vibe where everyone has fun, cooperates and sees the impact of their work. As a key member of our team, you will analyze vast amounts of behavior and transaction data, and design and implement algorithms which predict e-commerce shopper actions. This is an amazing opportunity to design algorithms which will be responsible for helping and influencing real shoppers across the world.
- Analyze, interpret and use machine learning and data mining algorithms on the enormous amount of behavioral and transactional data
- Analyze performance statistics at an extremely detailed level and present insights and recommendations to teammates.
- Take a role in shaping the architecture and infrastructure decisions and operations that drive our applications as we scale up to a terabytes of data per day and beyond
- Recommend new experiments supported by your analysis and research
- Dissect online stores’ shoppers data to identify opportunities to increase conversion, order value, lifetime value, and customer delight
- Write code to implement your experiments
- Work closely with our designers, developers, creative prototypers and account managers to bring your new experiments to life
- Solve a wide variety of complex problems as they arise that will often require significant analysis of our data, research and deep thinking
- Lead brainstorming sessions with your teammates to determine opportunities for improvement and experiments
- You are self-directed, hard-working and passionate about building things
- You love finding elegant solutions to complex problems
- You love brainstorming and creative thinking
- You have a strong desire to ship, iterate quickly, and continually improve
- You are comfortable jumping into an existing code base
- You are energetic, personable, with strong communication skills
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Math or related
- Proficient in at least one programming language
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical or data mining techniques to solve real problems
- Ability to organize, interpret and analyze large amounts of data
- Advanced skills and experience in machine learning and data mining
- Knowledge of various ML and statistical tools and libraries (e.g. Weka, R, sciPy, and similar)
Good to have skills:
- Experienced with Java programming language
- Hands-on knowledge of distributed programming platforms such as Spark or Flink
- Experience with distributed databases (HBase, Cassandra, or similar)
- Experience in online advertising/marketing analytics, behavioral targeting or web analytics
We take care of our stars. You’ll work hard, learn quickly, be compensated well and have plenty of excitement on a daily basis! Whether it's in our spacious Edmonton Headquarters on Jasper Ave, or our newest office in the 2nd Street District in Austin, we want you to feel right at home.
Your opportunities for growth, development and career progression are limitless as we continue to tackle incredible challenges to drive even more value for our customers in 2017 and beyond.
Granify is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We value people who are their authentic selves!