Buyer – Western Canada
HelloFresh is one of the most dynamic and fastest-growing startups in North America. We are the leading meal kit delivery service globally, and are the largest company to come out of Europe over the past 4 years (market cap). Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only 4 years after inception we are active in 9 markets on 3 continents, and have recently launched in Canada! Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive. Learn more about us at HelloFresh.ca.
And now we’re going West!
About The Role
We are looking for a high-potential, analytical problem-solver and ultimate hustler to help build and manage our supplier network from the ground up. Responsibility will be given to you from day one, and you will be expected to use your initiative and creativity to help us grow our business in Western Canada. The ideal candidate is a roll-up-your-sleeves operator who thrives in detail, organization, and analysis, obsesses over delivering measurable results, and has a passion for food.
- Identify gaps in our supply chain and seek out, evaluate, and qualify new suppliers.
- Support the purchase and securing of all food (and non-food) items in accordance with the production schedule.
- Forecast demand requirements, manage inventory, and track consumption of incoming material.
- Build, manage, and maintain supplier relationships. Collect data for supplier performance and resolve quality/performance issues.
- Identify cost saving opportunities and perform cost-benefit analysis for various ingredient categories.
- Work with the Procurement and Culinary teams to develop requirements and specifications around ingredients.
- Identify, prioritize, structure, and solve an array of other complex business problems that arise in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, with up to two years of high-performance work experience in a start-up, strategy, operations, or analytics role.
- You have a driver’s license and full-time access to a vehicle.
- A strong knowledge of food and ingredients – bonus points if you grew up on a farm!
- Data-driven; advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- You are entrepreneurial and a hustler: you do whatever it takes to get the job done and enjoy being in the trenches.
- You are proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and should think beyond the scope of a given assignment.You are a strong self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- You are naturally curious: you're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.