ABOUT POPPY BARLEY
After a light bulb moment at a custom boot shop in Bali, sisters Justine and Kendall Barber launched Poppy Barley in 2012. They travelled from their home in Edmonton, Canada, to the city of León, Mexico, in search of a leather shoe factory that prioritized its people and could offer flexibility in sizing and inventory through small-batch manufacturing. With teams in Mexico and Canada, Poppy Barley began producing polished, everyday essential footwear and chic, functional accessories for thousands of customers across North America. In the process, Poppy Barley also became the first company in North America to offer custom fashion boots online.
As we approach our 5th year in business, Poppy Barley’s humble team of 12 is growing. Like, really growing. Dedicated to rethinking every step of the leather goods industry, we’re looking for driven, enthusiastic, big-thinkers to take Poppy Barley from good to great—and have a little fun along the way!
As a Brand Concierge, you are primarily focused on delivering the best possible customer experience inside Poppy Barley’s newest venture (the super top-secret details will be revealed when you’re contacted for an interview). A Brand Concierge has an immediate and direct impact on the success of Poppy Barley through customer interactions, sharing the Poppy Barley story and demonstrating passion for the product and the brand.
About What You Do
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis, including building enduring relationships and represent the Poppy Barley brand at all times.
- Act as the link between the customer and Poppy Barley by delivering the Poppy Barley brand experience with every customer, every day through upbeat, empathetic customer assistance.
- Be a Poppy Barley fit expert. Keep up to date on all product knowledge and provide customers with the information necessary to ensure they love their Poppy Barleys.
- Communicate the Poppy Barley story, values and brand philosophy to customers.
- Proactively communicate client feedback, product issues, and other trends to management and the Poppy Barley team.
- Continuously create new and noteworthy brand experiences that demonstrate a commitment to “re-thinking retail” that support business and brand growth that result in driving top line sales.
- Unpack boxes from shipments received as required and maintain stockroom organization standards.
- Fulfill orders that need to be shipped to the customer (prepare shipping label, box and package order) as required.
- Other projects, duties and assignments as required. Poppy Barley is a close-knit start-up and we all do a little bit of everything!
If this sounds interesting to you (and we hope it does) we are looking for a candidate with the following skills and personal attributes:
- Customer service oriented with a natural desire to care for the needs of others.
- Deep desire to put drive & effort into your work.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive.
- Excellent decision making and problem resolution skills.
- One year of retail or customer service experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Google Drive applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2017. We thank all applications for taking the time to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Closing date: June 15, 2017.