ABOUT POPPY BARLEY
After a light bulb moment at a custom boot shop in Bali, sisters Justine and Kendall Barber launched Poppy Barley in 2012. They travelled from their home in Edmonton, Canada, to the city of León, Mexico, in search of a leather shoe factory that prioritized its people and could offer flexibility in sizing and inventory through small-batch manufacturing. With teams in Mexico and Canada, Poppy Barley began producing polished, everyday essential footwear and chic, functional accessories for thousands of customers across North America. In the process, Poppy Barley also became the first company in North America to offer custom fashion boots online.
As we approach our 5th year in business, Poppy Barley’s humble team of 12 is growing. Like, really growing. Dedicated to rethinking every step of the leather goods industry, we’re looking for driven, enthusiastic, big-thinkers to take Poppy Barley from good to great—and have a little fun along the way!
As an Operations Associate, you are primarily focused on delivering the best possible customer experience inside Poppy Barley’s newest venture (the super top-secret details will be revealed when you’re contacted for an interview). You will have an immediate and direct impact on the success of Poppy Barley through maintaining an accurate accounting of inventory levels and supporting in-store and online sales through shipment and stockroom organization.
About What You Do
- Model the company culture, and exemplify our shared values on a day-to-day basis, including building enduring relationships and represent the Poppy Barley brand at all times.
- Maintain the accuracy of the store’s inventory, including overseeing the processing of returns.
- Fulfill orders that need to be shipped to the customer (prepare shipping label, box and package order).
- Order, maintain and organize stockroom and packaging supplies, while maintaining awareness of inventory levels.
- Prepare for shipment arrival by printing barcode labels, shipping labels for items arriving that need to be shipped to customers and hold labels for items for in-store pickup.
- Monitor the flow of product in the shipment to the stockroom by possessing a complete understanding of all shipping, receiving, and inventory control systems and procedures.
- Conduct inventory counts as directed (ie. weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc).
- Proactively communicate client feedback, product issues, inventory discrepancies and other trends to management and the Poppy Barley team.
- Continuously create new and noteworthy brand experiences that demonstrates a commitment to “rethinking retail” that support business and brand growth that result in driving top line sales.
- Other projects, duties and assignments as required. Poppy Barley is a close-knit start-up and we all do a little bit of everything!
- Customer service oriented with a natural desire to care for the needs of others.
- Deep desire to put drive & effort into your work.
- Detail oriented.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial drive.
- Excellent decision making and problem resolution skills.
- One year experience in the retail sector, stockroom or fulfillment experience will be considered an asset.
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds; heavier merchandise with team assist.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Google Drive applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2017. We thank all applications for taking the time to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.