Software Development Team Manager/Scrum Master/Developer
At Testfire Labs, we're building solutions that fundamentally change the way people do business to make it more productive and more fun. We're seeking a Software Development Team Manager to join our small team and make a big difference.
Testfire Labs is a fast-growing software and consulting services company building innovative products and systems that take advantage of the latest developments in Artificial Intelligence and development platforms. Our current flagship product, Hendrix.ai, leverages natural language processing and machine learning to automatically capture meeting notes and optimize organizational outcomes. Continuous learning is a must; you will be growing professionally alongside the company in this rapidly growing industry.
You’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t always predefined. You'll be working directly with the founder, a handful of talented employees and some of the industry’s top consultants, as we grow the company and take on exciting new challenges
As an organization, we expect great things from our people and we invest in return:
- Training, conferences, and collaboration with the best talent
- Great benefits and health allowances
- RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Social events, flex hours, and earned perks
We’re looking for someone that’s passionate about team facilitation, agile methodology, and meeting coordination. At Testfire, you’ll be the one who works with the product owner to execute the backlog, ensuring that deliverables are met on time and with production quality. Conflict resolution and strong communication skills are essential as you will be actively involved in technical matters to find the gaps and ensuring product owner involvement in business decisions and description of the functional user work flow.
· Working with the Product Owner in overall project management by prioritizing, planning, and tracking project progress.
· Facilitate team for better creativity and to improve the efficiency of the development team.
· Arrange daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo, and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
· Organize and facilitate retrospective meetings and sprint planning meetings.
· Consult with Product Owner to identify customer needs and include them into project objectives. Provide support regarding product development to the rest of Testfire organization.
· Help Product Owner to ensure the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
· Manage and direct four to five software developers. Evaluate employee performance, set expectations and goals for the team and individuals.
· Forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration which is based on evidence and a reliable source.
· Act as safeguard for the team.
· Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
· Understanding of the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
· Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand tem needs.
· Knowledge about Agile techniques like: user stories, story points, tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, estimation, planning, etc.
· Ability to take and understand the commitment to deliver the product on time.
· Ability to shield team from outside distractions and interferences.
· Friendly and communicative individual.
· 5yrs+ management experience in any well-known software environment.
Bonus points for:
· Experience with cloud computing
· Experience with React / Redux
· Advanced degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure and Bluemix
· Experience working with APIs, PHP, MySQL
· Solid grasp of SEO principles
· Experience with continuous integration and deployments
· Experience with TypeScript
· Experience with nosql databases (CouchDB/Cloudant)
If you think you are the person Testfire needs, please send us an email and attach your resume or Linkedin profile immediately (and no later than January 26th, 2018) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those who meet our criteria will be contacted. Testfire Labs is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer that values diversity.