Frettable is a music technology company that specializes in automatic instrument transcription. Think speech recognition but for music: a musician plays their instrument and near-instantaneously receives sheet music indicating the notes that were performed. Frettable brings advanced artificial intelligence out of the lab and onto mobile devices to empower musicians with quality transcriptions and song writing tools anytime, anywhere.
Do you want your work to have immediate impact? Do you thrive when dropped into an existing codebase? Join us and write some code while having fun and enjoying some quality tunes along the way. We have a knowledgeable team that will support you in your growth as a Developer by providing learning opportunities and mentorship, while allowing your own ideas to shine.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to improve and add functionality to our existing web service, iOS and Android apps. Additionally, our apps interact with a backend REST API that will also need to be developed and tested in tandem with the apps.
Full time. Start as soon as possible.
- Fluency in Java, Swift, and Python
- Demonstrable experience writing or contributing to mobile applications
- Experience with user interface design
- Experience with REST APIs and JSON
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Working knowledge of Xcode and Android Studio development environment
- Django & Django Rest Framework experience
- Passion for music. Ability to appreciate a really good guitar riff
- Plan sprints for updates to the Frettable backend, iOS and Android apps
- Carry out sprints and deliver production-ready application
- Quality assurance on multiple real (provided) and simulator devices
- Communicate directly with project’s technology lead