Student Summer Program 2017
Join us for a four-month program that brings you the best of our programming, co-working and special opportunities to connect with the founders and teams of our city's fastest growing startups and scaling technology companies.
“The summer is a chance to learn and acquire the important skills in running a successful startup; grow, network and surround yourself around other entrepreneurs; gain a better understanding your customer’s core problem to build a wanted product; and create a scalable startup.” - Tiffany Linke-Boyko, CEO - Startup Edmonton.
Who is the Student Summer Program for and what does it include?
The Student Summer Program is for post-secondary students with a tech-enabled project or product idea. We encourage both individuals and newly formed teams to apply.
Our program includes:
- Free Startup Edmonton Co-working access for 4 months (May - August)
- Complimentary access to our Preflight program (Tuesday evenings)
- Mentorship round tables throughout the summer
- Founders dinners with local founders
We encourage you to take Business Model 101 before applying. Our next session is on April 11th and is free with your Student Commons membership. If you have already taken Business Model 101, Preflight Beta or have completed a Lean Canvas, please include it as part of your Product / Presentation deck!
Why apply for the Student Summer Program?
- Explore the possibilities of your idea or project through guided classes and mentorship
- Work out of the historic Mercer Warehouse space and experience creative collisions with our member startups & their teams.
- Experience first hand what it's like to be an entrepreneur! There is no better time to start then when you're a student.
- Set your schedule! This allows you to continue your summer studies, hold-down a full time job, and even squeeze in some travel. We need to see you at Tuesday night classes and some special events to help you move your idea forward!