We're on the search for a Concierge to join our team. Bryan, our current Concierge, is moving on to an exciting new role at EEDC and we're looking for an awesome person to take over at the front desk.
At Startup Edmonton, we connect entrepreneurs and product builders with skills, community and space to support them as they take ideas to reality. We create collisions - between developers, designers, makers, founders and mentors - transforming ideas into companies. Startup Edmonton manages 14,000 square feet of program, community and co-working space at the historic Mercer Warehouse. We are looking for a passionate person that is excited about building the startup community and helping entrepreneurs find success.
Scope of Work
First Point of Contact
- Manage the front desk during business hours
- Greet and check-in member guests
- Greet people who come in for tours, track walk-ins, schedule tours and send confirmation emails
- Prepare and distribute promotional materials to guests/potential members
- Answer “walk-up” member and guest questions or refer the inquirer to additional resources
- Provide tours for walk-in tours and next steps for connecting with a Community Manager
- First contact for online inquiries
Membership & Event Support
- Work on community initiatives designed to develop connections between members, including member introductions, event support, email and print communication
- Onboard new members
- Be active on the Startup Edmonton member network
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community
- Assist with set-up and breakdown of events & workshops
- Assist with event registration and questions
- Update calendar, meetups, website and resource pages
- Social media support
- General workspace support to provide experience for workspace members and events
Skills & Experience
- Completion of High School diploma. Post Secondary diploma or degree is preferred or equivalent years of work experience
- 1 – 3 years of related work experience
- Professional demeanour and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in customer service, sales, or project management an asset
- Ability to identify needs of the customer and create/drive solutions
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and CRMs
- Passion for entrepreneurial community
Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
The Innovate Edmonton division works and collaborates with businesses, stakeholders and partners locally and regionally to foster growth downtown, and from our five innovation and entrepreneur communities: Startup Edmonton, TEC Edmonton, Edmonton Research Park, Make Something Edmonton and Edmonton Made. Through programs and project initiatives, the Innovate Edmonton team showcases and supports Edmonton's city shapers, creates vibrancy through events and community activation, supports business growth and retention and leads in the innovation and entrepreneur communities.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by July 6, 2018.