JOBBER: Do you spend hours gawking over Dribbble shots? Do you have a strong opinion when you hear the word material or find yourself explaining skeuomorphism over a pint? Do you ever wonder how parking lot pay booths became a daily frustration for thousands of people? Have you lost sleep over something you’ve read on NN/g?
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
Jobber is one of Edmonton’s most exciting and fastest growing startups. We make software for businesses that are on the go, and are damn good at it. Our team of 40+ strive for excellence in building a product that runs thousands of small businesses around the world and touches millions of people each year.
As a UX/UI Designer at Jobber you’ll be an integral part of our product team. Taking ideas from your nightstand sketchbook to full fledged features will become part of your daily routine. Working with other designers and engineers to solve complex usability problems will excite you. Poorly written CSS will drive you nuts.
You'll help us kick butt with:
- Great problem solving skills.
- A passion for great products.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, and visual.
- An understanding of the constraints and opportunities in mobile design.
- Expert knowledge in HTML and CSS.
You'll separate from the pack if you:
- Have experience with or a desire to learn Sketch.
- Have experience with standard usability testing.
- Have some experience with GitHub.
- Can beat one of the designers at Ping Pong after your interview.
You'll definitely need to:
- Be driven, passionate, and skilled. Period.
- Know how to have fun, like to laugh, and have hobbies.
- Be a team player – egomaniacs need not apply.
- Have at least 3-5 years professional design experience, but know there is always room for growth.
So, what's in it for you?
- Extended health benefits package
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Access to a fully stocked kitchen. Eat lunch on us.
- Competitive salary
- An environment that believes in bettering and supporting its people.
- Your very own, brand new Apple computer
Interested? Apply today with your cover letter, resume and digital portfolio.