The Jobber Finance team is growing! As a member of this team, you are familiar with accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll help process payroll, pay vendors, and reconcile accounts at the end of the month - and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with the greater Jobber team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Jobber’s business objectives.
You are versatile, motivated, creative, intellectually curious, a strong communicator, analytical and a leader. You will be a generalist, mastering the accounting concepts for your responsibilities, while retaining a broad knowledge of principles in other areas.
Jobber is one of Edmonton’s most exciting and fastest growing startups. We make software for businesses that are on the go and are damn good at it. Our team of 60+ strives for excellence in building a product that runs thousands of small businesses around the world and touches millions of people each year.
- Analyze monthly financial data and make sure all monthly activity has been recorded and reconciled.
- Prepare semi-monthly payroll and help onboard new employees.
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual close presentations for senior managers.
- Provide support to finance management and other internal customers as needs arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis and special projects.
- Business degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with process improvement and proficiency with spreadsheet (Excel) and presentation software.
- Familiarity with payroll and accounting software (Quickbooks, Xero, NetSuite, Oracle, ADP, etc…)
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with management.