Reliance Production Optimization is a growing oil and gas technology and services company in the field of production operations in the Grand Cache, Alberta region. In 2016 we started a tech projected called EZOPS to aid Natural Gas workers with data collection, workflow, & communication. To find out more about our company please visit our website www.reliancepo.com or our linkedin page.
We are looking for entry level programmer to join our team based out of Start-up Edmonton.
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
● Ability to identify programmatic solutions and alternatives
● Programming new features as well as fixing bugs
● Updating and maintaining a bug and feature list
● Conducting conversations with clients via phone, email, and in person
● Performing configuration changes based on user requests
● Follow design documents and following developmental principles as stated by the project leader
● Programming within the laravel php framework on linux machine
We understand if you don't have experience with the technologies we use you could still be the correct fit for this job. If you are a strong learner you will flourish in our environment.
We are looking for candidates with:
● Prior natural gas knowledge (Not required)
● Current H2S and First Aid ticket is an asset (Not required)
● Must have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated, and results oriented
● Quick learner and the ability to pay attention to detail
● Strong team and client communication skills
● Ability to identify solutions and alternatives
● Follow design and development standards as stated by the project leader
Required Programming Skills:
● Git - know commands related to git on the command line (github or bitbucket experience is a plus)
● Linux - command line knowledge (familiar with functionality in a linux environment)
● Programming fundamental knowledge
● Writing sql queries
Optional Programming Skills:
● Laravel (experience is extremely nice to have)
● Chrome developer tools
● Virtual machines
● Monday through Friday 8 Hour Work Day core hours apply (9 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
● Optional work from home day once a month
● Six month Salary Contract with the potential for full time work
Please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.