Drivewyze is the smart mobility services company for the transportation industry. Drivewyze and its sister company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc., are on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems and services. Drivewyze serves commercial drivers and fleets with innovative trucking apps such as Drivewyze Weigh Station Heads Up and Drivewyze PreClear Bypass service.
Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze app is supported by a multi-tier cloud based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
As a Senior Mobile Software Developer, you will be responsible for: architecting mobile platform solutions for both iOS and Android; leading and mentoring other mobile developers; collaborating with product managers, stakeholders, and QA to advance Drivewyze applications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Software Design
- Maintain and improve consistency of the mobile architecture
- Leading and mentoring other mobile developers
- Technical documentation
- Working with internal and external business partners
- Leading technical decisions
- Helping grow the mobile development team
- Working with other teams to design full-stack systems
- Plan and architect the mobile applications for various distribution channels
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Commercial experience in Mobile Development
- Strong in Android development with knowledge of iOS development practices
- Or: Strong in iOS development with knowledge of Android development practice
- Or: Awesome at both!
- Object oriented software analysis and design
- Ability to work with other Senior Developers to architect lasting solutions
- Working knowledge of source code repositories (Git)
- Self-motivated with ability to work with little oversight
- Experience in unit testing (any N-Unit framework or similar)
- Support and help design mobile and rest-based APIs
- Experience with technical leadership
- RX (Java, Swift)
- Objective C
- Microsoft SQL/ PostgreSQL
- Experience producing mobile and web applications
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree, diploma, and/or applicable work experience
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team and meet the qualifications, please send your resume along with a letter of intent to:
Subject: Senior Mobile Software Developer - Edmonton
No phone calls please. Only candidates with relevant qualifications will be contacted.