Did you know? Granify is backed by early investors in Facebook, Twitter, AirBnB, Pinterest, Palantir and Yelp and won Top eCommerce Solution and Top Digital Startup at the Digital Alberta Awards!
As Granify continues to build out our product teams, we're looking for engineers who value mastery, authenticity, and positivity to help build and grow our product - and we want you to be part of it! You will have lots of interesting challenges to tackle as we go after a trillion dollar industry.
What You'll Work On
You'll get a chance to design, build, and improve on each part of our tech stack. Our tech stack is divided into three primary components:
(2) Our data science team, who are responsible for mining data and searching for patterns which are then used to develop algorithms for predicting shoppers behavior. Tools here include Hadoop, Python, Spark, Java, Tableau — really, anything that helps get the job done.
(3) The customers dashboard (Rails) used to configure and measure the impact of Granify. It's a pretty standard web app — Rails, jQuery, MySQL, etc. — wrapped up in a beautiful design that's focused on simplicity & usability. The Rails app is also what drives our internal dashboards, which give us highly detailed reports about how our algorithms perform for each of our customers.
Skills & Requirements
- Passionate about finding elegant solutions to complex technical problems.
- Eager to ship often & iterate quickly.
- Committed to mastery and craftsmanship in your work
- Curious, consistently looking for better ways to build things and willing to learn about emerging technologies.
- Positive and personable - we're all tackling these challenges together!
- A strong communicator
Required Technical Experience
- Experience with server side web apps in any language
- Willing and interested to learn and work with new languages
- Source control (Git) and familiarity with unix command line
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Relational & non-relational databases
- API Design
- High Traffic / Real Time Web Applications
- Systems Design & Administration
- Machine Learning / Big Data
Working At Granify
We take care of our team. You’ll work hard, learn quickly, be compensated well and have plenty of excitement on a daily basis! Whether it's in our spacious Edmonton Headquarters on Jasper Ave, or our newest office in the 2nd Street District in Austin, we want you to feel right at home.
Your opportunities for growth, development and career progression are limitless as we continue to tackle incredible challenges to drive even more value for our customers in 2017 and beyond.
Granify is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We value people who are their authentic selves!