Granify is a high-tech, high-energy, and high-fun eCommerce company, backed by strong Series A investment. We are building an industry-leading optimization platform for online retailers wanting to create a better online shopping experience for their customers. Do you know why some shoppers don’t convert? We do, and we can change their minds.
We’re searching for Software Developers who value mastery, authenticity, and positivity to help build and grow our product. As we lead the way into a trillion dollar industry, we want someone who is driven and who drives others - if this is you, we want you to be a part of it!
Have ideas, feedback, and solutions? You’d work closely with all members of the product and sales teams in a collaborative environment to design and implement new products and features. Hate boredom and love tackling the inherent challenges of a fast-paced, evolving tech industry? You'll get a chance to design, build, and improve on each part of our tech stack, with an emphasis on front end development.
This is a full-time position in our Edmonton office and is open to both experienced developers and recent graduates.
What You'll Work On
As a Software Developer at Granify you’ll be:
- Building the toolsets that optimise shopper sessions in real-time, drive conversion rates, and increase uplift for our clients
- Supporting the development of a client-side application powering the next generation of Granify’s solutions
- Troubleshooting, testing, and debugging to your heart’s content
- Connecting to our data collection & decision engine - built in Ruby, it collects millions of requests and terabytes of eCommerce data (traffic, orders, etc.) then uses our proprietary algorithms to translate it into user behavior and patterns
- Maintaining and updating our client dashboard, a client-facing app full of toolset information and performance results
- Participate in code reviews, sharing knowledge, feedback, and ideas - teaching and learning, it’s a two-way street that leads down the road to improvement (pun intended)
- Someone with a true engineering mindset, you build things to work and to last
- Curious, consistently looking for better ways to build things and willing to learn about emerging technologies
- Passionate about finding elegant solutions to complex technical problems
- Eager to ship often & iterate quickly
- Committed to mastery and craftsmanship in your work
- Positive and personable - we're all tackling these challenges together!
- Able to communicate with clarity and brevity
- Strong HTML / CSS knowledge and experience
- Strong understanding of responsive design
- Experience with server-side web apps in any language
- Willing and interested in learning and working with new languages
- Source control (Git) and familiarity with unix command line
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent degree/experience
- Experience working as a front-end developer in an Agile environment
- Amazon Web Services
- eCommerce Applications
- Server side technologies
With offices in downtown Austin and downtown Edmonton, we’re working to create a collaborative environment where you can do and be your best. Together we’ll be tackling incredible challenges, driving customer value and innovating online retail solutions in 2017 and beyond.
Granify is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. You’ll find limitless opportunities for growth, development, and career progression - the only thing holding you back is you.