You will help our team create, maintain, and improve Showbie’s web applications. We are looking for someone with both the enthusiasm and abilities necessary to build a modern, dynamic single-page application that supports our vision of delivering a world class experience to our customers—more than 3 million and counting.
Everything you do makes a difference every day.
You’ll either need to be highly proficient with these or, at a minimum, have some exposure and be an eager learner. We do this stuff all day long:
- Sass preprocessor
- Git and GitHub workflow
- Test-driven development and continuous integration
- Cross-browser and cross-device testing and best practices
And more generally:
- Solid understanding of web standards and the ability to mentor others
- Strong attention to detail and desire to create something amazing
- Previous work samples demonstrating proficiency in building highly interactive web applications
- Excited about hearing from our users and improving the product based on that feedback
- Be comfortable in a team environment but also able to be an independent worker
- 4+ years of related work experience
- We give you the autonomy to make decisions and execute on them
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Inclusive work environment
- Team events
- Ping pong
- Relaxed company culture (when we’re at work we’re excited and focused on building a great product, we also know that going home at 5 and not working weekends makes us even more excited to come to work and do great things)
Showbie is a free educational app for teachers and students that makes creating and completing assignments, providing assessments, and storing grades easy. Showbie is used by hundreds of thousands of teachers and students in classrooms worldwide. Proudly based in Edmonton, Canada, our growing team is comprised of people who are passionate about empowering educators as they use technology to redefine and improve their classrooms.