As a software engineer with expertise in data science, you will be responsible for the research, design, and development of machine learning aspects of our web publishing platform and data systems. You will investigate and model current machine learning research to develop custom content creation and machine learning algorithms, especially related to natural language processing. If you have the ability to apply current designs in the space of machine learning algorithms, that career path will be open to you.
Skills and Qualifications :
- MS/PhD degree (or BSc with project experience in AI/ML) in computer science or other related disciplines
- Excellent coding and software engineering skills
- Prior experience in developing advance algorithms for solving complex problems such as machine learning, neural networks, natural language processing, optimization, heuristics, and other artificial intelligence techniques
- Experience with multi-threaded programs, as well as AWS distributed and cloud computing platforms
- Experience in natural language processing and machine learning algorithms in relations to content creation to augment human curator, or in an automated fashion
- Experience with very large and unstructured data sets
- Ability to communicate complex design subjects and work in a team environment
- Past participation in hackathons or outside contests (Kaggle, etc)
- Authoring of technical articles and blog entries
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable (please note we are open to a range of skills and are hiring for a number of positions).
- Edmonton, AB
- Machine Learning: 1 year
About Janalta Interactive
Janalta Interactive is a publisher of unique web properties in niche industry verticals that focus on creating highly contextual audiences including Techopedia, Divestopedia, Corrosionpedia, Yogapedia, FertilitySmarts, and more. We also help companies turn their expertise into a digital footprint that produces a fundamental competitive advantage."