Who we are: SAM works with some of the most respected newsrooms in the world, providing tools for search and curation of social media content. Our newest offering using artificial intelligence to alert users of breaking news events as they happen and are reported on social media platforms such as Twitter and Instagram.
Who you are and what you’ll be doing: You are tech-savvy, motivated and independent. You’re on top of what’s going on in the world, you watch the news and you consider yourself a Twitter expert. Working with our data scientists and developers, you will be monitoring and analyzing our data streams and outputs to ensure quality and accuracy and be on the pulse of breaking events worldwide. You will be assessing the performance and driving continuous improvement of our systems through data entry and monitoring. If you want to break into the technology sector, work in a fast-paced environment on a cutting edge AI product this is your opportunity.
Required Skills & Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree, Diploma, or Certificate in Political Science, Journalism, Business, or Languages COMPLETED IN LAST 2 YEARS
● Experience working with social media, online journalism, technology, communications, news media, or online research
● Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly
● Interest and demonstrated ability in technology and social media.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Self-motivated and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
● Multi-lingual (ie. French, Spanish, German, Arabic)
● Dominion (if you have to ask you don’t have it) expertise
What we offer:
● Competitive salary and participation in our health and dental benefits program
● Opportunity to work with a dynamic and fast-growing technology company
● Potential work from home opportunities
This opportunity will begin with a paid 13-week Career Focus Internship Program placement and can lead to full-time, permanent employment. This internship opportunity is aimed at assisting youth 15 - 30 years of age in kick-starting their career.
To be eligible for the internship program the candidate:
• Must be completed post-secondary within the last two years with a Degree, Diploma or
Certificate in Political Science, Journalism, Business or Languages
• Between the ages of 15 - 30
• A Canadian citizen or eligible to work in Canada
• Not on unemployment Insurance (or in the last 3 years)