Frettable is a music technology company that specializes in automatic instrument transcription. Think speech recognition but for music: a musician plays their instrument and near-instantaneously receives sheet music indicating the notes that were performed. Frettable brings advanced artificial intelligence out of the lab and onto mobile devices to empower musicians with quality transcriptions and song writing tools anytime, anywhere.
Do you love artificial intelligence and machine learning and want to apply it to music? Join us and see the immediate impact of your work while enjoying some good tunes along the way. You will directly contribute to the core machine learning that makes Frettable rock. We have a knowledgeable team that will support you in your growth as a Data Scientist by providing learning opportunities and mentorship, while allowing your own ideas to shine.
We are looking for an experienced data scientist to improve and add functionality to our existing machine learning instrument transcription algorithm.
Part time or full time. Start as soon as possible.
- MSc or PhD in machine learning, statistics or related field
- Basic digital signal processing (e.g., Fourier transforms, windowing, etc.)
- Fluency in Python
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Knowledge of MIDI
- Ability to read or understand sheet music at a basic level
- Passion for music. Ability to appreciate a really good guitar riff.
- Dataset management
- Improvements to core transcription algorithm
- Running experiments and reporting results
- Launching new versions to production environment
- Quality assurance of trained models