The Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) has partnered with the University of Alberta's Career Centre to develop the Graduate Student Internship Program (GSIP) to provide paid, meaningful work experience opportunities for UAlberta graduate students. Interdisciplinary GSIP internships are available throughout the year to allow graduate students to strengthen their professional and transferable skills.
MEDO.ai is an medtech startup company closely affiliated with the Department of Radiology at U of A.
Make breakthroughs and inspire the world, we are looking for talented and passionate students to join us!
As an intern, you will work closely with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and clinicians that create artificial intelligence technologies to impact the lives of millions of people.
Duties and responsibilities of the successful Machine Learning Intern:
- implementing state-of-the-art medical machine learning algorithms
- multidisciplinary collaboration with other team members, e.g. radiologists, software developers, etc
- helping in product development
- staying up-to-date on emerging algorithms in the machine learning
At medo.ai we ensure that you get ample opportunities to expand your skills and gain invaluable experience by working alongside our core team. As an intern you can expect to learn new things on a daily basis and improve your communication skills, cross-cultural interpersonal abilities and Planning/prioritizing abilities.
The duration of this internship is between 320-640 hours, to be worked at a minimum of 10 hours/ week for 2 - 6 months.
The successful Machine Learning Intern will have the following qualifications and skills:
- currently registered in a U of A graduate degree program
- proficient in Python 2.7 and 3
- hands on experience in commonly used Deep Learning libraries such as Theano, Tensorflow, Keras or Lasagne
- experience in GPU programming using CUDA
- strong understanding of Convolutional Neural Networks (CNN), Autoencoders and GANs
- familiarity with Git and Version Control Systems
- prior experience in applying image enhancement and segmentation on medical images (the ideal candidate would have experience in 2D and 3D ultrasound images and experience in using image processing libraries such as ITK and VTK)
- basic knowledge of Medical Image Analysis and commonly used image formats such as DICOMs is desirable
- Startup Edmonton
Applicants must be enrolled in a graduate program at the U of A and must convocate NO EARLIER THAN November 2018 to be eligible to apply for this opportunity.
*Students may apply for as many GSIP internships as they wish, however a student may only accept one GSIP internship during the course of their graduate degree.
Please complete the student form in addition to submitting the application package via electronic upload. Link to student form:
International student interns must comply with Canada Immigration & Citizenship regulations.
GSIP is not a co-op program.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This competition may close before the deadline if a qualified candidate is selected.
For more information, please contact: