Do you want to fundamentally improve the way people do business, to make it more fun and productive? We're seeking a Machine Learning Developer to join our small team and make a big difference.
Testfire Labs is headquartered in Edmonton, AB, with team members who also work remotely throughout Canada. A perk of joining our team is the freedom to work in Canada wherever you're happiest and most productive!
Testfire Labs is a fast-growing nimble startup building innovative products and services that take advantage of the latest developments in Artificial Intelligence, with a particular focus on workplace productivity. Our current flagship product,Hendrix.ai, leverages natural language processing and machine learning to automatically capture meeting notes and optimize organizational outcomes. Continuous learning is a must; you will be growing professionally alongside the company in this rapidly growing industry.
You’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, wearing different hats at times, where the solutions aren’t always predefined. You are energized by this challenge, ready to roll up your sleeves and a blast to work with. Our core team culture is the belief in a 'people-first' approach. Amazing people, building the right things for our awesome users, in the right way, working sane hours and enjoying working life balance. We expect great things from our people and we invest in return with:
- Training, conferences, and collaboration with the best talent
- Great benefits and health allowances
- RRSP matching and profit sharing
- Social events, flex hours, and earned perks
Machine Learning Developers at Testfire Labs work to help our data science team bring their ideas to reality, and more importantly, to production. We're looking for someone who loves using data to solve tough problems and who's passionate about craftsmanship.
- Write exquisite code
- Participate in code reviews
- Build, maintain and improve machine learning systems, including speed, reliability, and performance
- Ship medium features independently
- Be creative/solution oriented and regularly achieve consensus with teams
- Develop internal machine learning frameworks and abstractions to facilitate common tasks
- Assist in the evaluation of the impact of machine learning systems on various metrics
- Advanced degree in computing science, or equivalent, or degree and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals and programming
- Knowledge of probability and statistics
- Experience with data modeling and evaluation
- Experience applying machine learning algorithms and libraries (eg scikit-learn, Keras, Tensorflow etc.)
- Experience software engineering and system design
- Experience working with integrating and building RESTful APIs for multiple platforms (Web, Mobile App, etc)
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience with unit, integration & functional testing
- Experience with Natural Language Processing or Automatic Speech Recognition
- Experience writing Swagger/OpenAPI
- Experience with cloud platforms (IBM/Bluemix, AWS or Azure)
- Experience with continuous integration & continuous deployment
- Experience with data visualization
- Contributions to opensource projects
If you think you're the person Testfire needs, please click Apply Now below! Be sure to include your resume, LinkedIn profile and/or GitHub username in your application. Only those who meet our criteria will be contacted. Testfire Labs is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer that values diversity.
Job Type: Full-time